UPDATE AS OF MAY 1
All services and meetings on campus remain suspended at this time. Our leadership is continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and will make a decision to open our campus when it is safe to do so for larger gatherings and the recommended guidelines for social distancing can be applied and maintained. We’ll keep you updated through emails and our website. As we await re-opening, we invite you to join us weekly for our online worship service. Each Saturday morning, we’ll post the current Sunday service on our home page. Our online services will be broadcast through our YouTube channel which you can subscribe to here.
EMAIL SENT TO CONGREGATION ON MARCH 14
As COVID-19 spreads and folks are growing increasingly concerned, we, as your Elders, want to assure you of some things and let you know of some measures and precautions we are implementing at Redeemer. As circumstances dictate, we will continue to refine our actions and precautions in order to do our part in preventing and/or containing the spread of disease in our community and congregation.
First and foremost, our confidence in God’s ordering, providing, and caring for the world enables us to live with a sense of peace in the midst of this crisis. But that doesn’t mean we recklessly abandon caution, for a good amount of caution is called for as we exercise our God-given wisdom. And so, here are some precautions that will be in place effective immediately:
- We’re moving to “online-only” services through the end of March. We’ll be videotaping and/or live streaming our Sunday AM worship and foregoing all in-person gatherings through the end of March. We will have a link on our website homepage for you to view sermons.
- We’re moving our mid-week Student Ministry to a digital platform and are encouraging our adult Sunday School classes, Bible studies, and small groups to follow suit. Redeemer staff stands ready to lend a hand in any way that would be most helpful to you so that you can stay connected to your fellow Redeemers. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- All events and activities are canceled through the end of March. Check back on our EVENTS page for updates on re-scheduling.
- In coordination with the policy directives of Gwinnett County Public Schools, we are temporarily closing Redeemer Weekday Preschool & Kindergarten until such time as GCPS revises their directives and reopens their schools for in-person classroom learning.
Friends, in all of this we remind you that Jesus Christ is Lord of all. People, institutions, diseases, disasters, etc., come and go; but Jesus is and ever will be Lord of all. Trusting in Christ means we seek His guidance, we follow His will,… and that we do not panic. Trusting in Christ also means that we must not neglect the needs of those around us so long as we are able to address them without compounding the risk of spreading disease; we need to be mindful of one another and bear one another’s burdens, and we need to be mindful of the needs of others in our community.
Yours in Confident Trust and Peace,
The Redeemer Church Session
Virus outbreaks don’t stop the day-to-day operational expenses of the church from coming in. Your faithfulness in giving during this critical time is more important than ever. You can continue to give in one of these easy methods:
- Click the button below to give online via our official giving portal.
- Give online via your bank’s online bill pay feature – something many folks use to pay their “everyday” bills like utilities, credit card, etc.
- Mail a check into the office.