Serving Our World
From its inception in 1984, Redeemer has had a heart for missions. Our annual Mission Conference each February is one of the highlights of our year. We are presently involved with more than 30 missionaries and mission agencies. Beyond that we are a sending church, sending out missionaries and mission teams all over the world for mission work both globally and locally.
The foundation of this mission effort has always been prayer, our hearts aligning with God’s heart. Our monetary support for missions is funded through faith promises, which are designated gifts beyond our regular commitments to the local church. Other types of donations may include the personal support of a missionary, donation of supplies, requested clothing, medical supplies, or other needed items. If you would like more information or want to serve in this area, contact email@example.com.
Missions Team Member
Our Missions Team provides leadership of mission activities at Redeemer and acts as a liaison between the congregation and the more than 30 local and international missionaries supported by our church. They meet at least every other month to make certain all mission activities are functioning properly and oversee the mission focus of the church.
Annual Missions Conference
Our Annual Missions Conference each February is one of the highlights of our year. This three-day conference features many events including a ladies luncheon, a mens breakfast, international dinners, and inspiring services highlighting the testimonies of our missionaries and dynamic messages given by a special guest speaker. Volunteers from Redeemer are appreciated as they assist with planning, cooking, hosting, assisting in children’s services, sanctuary set up and break down for dinners, and other needed areas of service. Click here for info on our current year conference. If you’d like to be a part of the conference planning team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year Redeemer has one or more mission trips planned to definite locations. We have partnered with Living Waters of the World to help maintain water purification systems in villages in the Dominican Republic. This ministry not only assists the indigenous people with their daily needs but also ministers to them in unique ways. If you would like to experience the blessing of what it’s like to be a missionary, consider joining this team on the next mission trip.
Missionary Advocates are representatives from our congregation to Redeemer’s missionaries. They help our membership at large to be more aware of the missionary’s prayer and praise items and other special concerns. Advocates pray both personally and corporately for their missionaries and may also post prayer needs on Redeemer’s email prayer chain. They encourage their missionaries by remembering their birthdays, anniversaries and other special days. From time to time advocates may share information about their missionary in Sunday morning worship with a Moment for Mission.
- Anna O’Neal, CRU
- Rick Froehbrodt, Education Project Intl, California
- Dr. Alemu Beeftu, Gospel of Glory, USA
- John Sharp, Haggai Institute, Georgia
- Sameh Maurice, Ksar El Dobarah Evangelical Church, Cairo, Egypt
- Ray & Julie Spencer, Luis Palau Ministries, Florida
- Don & Sue Hankins, The Navigators, Military USA
- Carl & Heidi Walton, OMS International, Indiana
- Gary and Helena Witherall, Operation Mobilization, Germany
- Ben Mathes, Rivers of the World, International
- Jimmy Shafe, Rivers of the World, Georgia & Congo, Africa
- Jason & Barb Henry, Sent to Serve Ministries, Mongolia
- Woody & Beverly Baker, Wycliffe, Australia
- Ron & M.E. Ehrenberg, Wycliffe, Georgia
- Paul & Maggie Frank, Wycliffe, Washington DC
- Jim & Jeanne Leamer, Wycliffe, Georgia
- Susan Turbeville, Haiti Education Fund
- Nard & Sandy Pugyao, Wycliffe, Jungle Aviation & Radio Service
- Amanda Rairdon YWAM
- Joel Zamorano, YWAM, Dominican Republic
- Michael and Heather Wall, YWAM Scotland
- Tass Saada and Farah Marvil, Hope for Ishmael
- Cafe© 1040, Atlanta, Georgia
- Centerville Business Association, Snellville, Georgia
- Congo University Medical School & Scholarships
- Family Promise of Gwinnett, Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Gwinnett Crisis Pregnancy Center, Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Haiti Educational Fund, Arkansas
- Hope for Ishmael, West Bank, Israel
- International Justice Mission
- Living Water Systems & Training
- Love Ministries, Atlanta, Georgia
- Outreach Foundation, USA
- SE Gwinnett Cooperative, Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Street Grace
- Mission & Seminary Scholarships
- Redeemer Mission Trips
- Other Special Needs & Projects